Friday, March 20, 2009

New Computer

So, I finally did I broke down a bought a new computer. It's not a fantastic computer like many people would want but it's much to fast for me to handle.

Currently, I have a multi-boot sitatution on my hands. I'm running Win XP Pro x86, XP Pro x64, XP Vista Ultimate x86 and Win 7 Beta 7k. XP Pro x64 is what I'm working on as we speak... It's exciting, finally can put the full 8 GB of ram to good use for vertual machines. I'm planning on adding a Linux install, but I haven't decided which, hence the need to run the virtual machines... Well, that and I want to write applications to run in both x86 and x64.

Well, the specs of my machine are as follows:
  • Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83 GHZ
  • Asus P5Q Pro mobo, which I think I should've gone with a different one, but I'm not a hard core gamer, so no worries.
  • 4X2 GB (maximum for mobo, 1 reason to get a different one) Corsair DDR2 1066 (Mobo can support 1200, but I'm semi-cheap)
  • 3X 500 GB Western Digital Caviar Black in a Raid 5 and Raid 0 spec thanks to the wonders of the Intel Matrix.
  • A 1GB Sapphire Radeon HD4850.
  • A Corsair 620 W PSU, will have to upgrade to an 850 to be on the safe side when I get all 8 disks (far future, after school before I have another Raid 5)
  • And a lowly cheap ass dvd burner that was $27. :-)
  • All stuffed into a Lian Li case.
Let me just toot my horn, I like it. Can buy the same thing for $300-$400 less, but I'm content. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment